Reports to: Financial Controller
Overall purpose of jobTo work with the Financial Controller and other department members to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of business performance and to ensure regulatory compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee & produce monthly Management Accounts for assigned business(es) to the required standard and timetable.
- Ensure that all margin reporting is accurate and in line with expectations.
- Provide all VP’s and departments heads with monthly P&L and BS for your relevant area. Provide any additional analysis as required. Understand cost drivers / future spends.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place across your department and business.
- Ensure the integrity of balance sheet reporting, particularly the review of all key reconciliations each month.
- Provide support to the FC in planning and production of budgets and quarterly forecasting.
- Work with the FC to ensure year-end payroll compliance and reconciliation.
- Global offices (USA & ASIA) communication and support
- Prepare year-end accounts / analysis / tax packs and liaise with external auditors to manage these through to completion for the area under your control.
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly payroll completion and submission for the area under your control.
- Ensure all governmental statistical returns have been completed by reports.
- Contribute to systems and workflow improvements.
- Work with FD & FC on adhoc projects.
- Ensure the finance month end timetable is adhered to and all daily / weekly / monthly tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Knowledge and skills
- Part Qualified Accountant (pref CIMA / ACCA) with strong technical skills
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Demonstrate experience producing financial reporting
- Hands on, ability to manage deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
- Practical experience in general ledger and stock management systems
- FMCG / Retail background
- Not fazed by fluid work load / timetables
- Works well under pressure
- Tenacious, self starter, not afraid to talk to other departments
- Strong communicator (up and down)
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Generous product allowance and discount
- Wellbeing benefits